Shawn Allen MachAssociate
- Email Us
Attorney at Law
Shawn A. Mach is an Associate Attorney at Klug Law Firm. Mr. Mach joined the Klug Law Firm in 2013 as a Law Clerk. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan in 2010 and his Juris Doctor degree from the Michigan State University College of Law with honors in 2013.
Since joining the Klug Law Firm, Mr. Mach has represented many clients assisting them in resolving their tax liabilities with the IRS and the State of Michigan. Shawn’s familiarity with IRS and State of Michigan collection practices allow him to stop levies and garnishments before they start. Many of his clients have been able to settle their federal and Michigan tax liabilities for a fraction of the amount they owe through federal and state Offer in Compromise programs.
Klug Law Firm’s expertise with federal and Michigan taxes does not end with the collection process. KLF frequently represents clients in the United States Tax Court, United States District Court, and the Michigan Tax Tribunal challenging tax assessments that were erroneously or illegally assessed against our clients. Mr. Mach has played a support role to Senior Attorney Thomas Klug in many of these actions, and has worked closely with Mr. Klug and the Firm’s clients to reach the best possible resolution for our clients.
Mr. Mach has also successfully represented clients in business and commercial litigation prosecuting and defending claims ranging from simple collection matters to more complex breach of contract actions, claims for conversion, and many other claims arising under the Uniform Commercial Code and the Michigan Consumer Protection Act to name a few. He has successfully obtained preliminary injunctions and restraining orders to protect the security interests of his clients. Once his client’s claim is reduced to a judgment, Mr. Mach works quickly and aggressively to enforce and collect on his client’s judgment.
Mr. Mach also represents clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies in the United States Bankruptcy Courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan. He counsels his bankruptcy clients with respect and compassion through what is often a very stressful and challenging time in his clients’ life. Mr. Mach uses his vast knowledge of Federal and Michigan bankruptcy exemptions and bankruptcy planning strategies to allow his clients to retain the maximum amount of property through their bankruptcy.
- Successfully compromised clients’ federal and Michigan tax liabilities for a fraction of the amount owed.
- Negotiated with IRS to subordinate federal tax lien allowing client to redeem property sold at tax sale.
- Drafted a variety of contracts and agreements tailored to the specific needs of the client.
- Obtained preliminary injunctions and restraining orders to protect the secured interests of his clients while a case is pending.
- Negotiated settlement agreements that have resulted in his clients recovering the full amount of their claim, in addition to costs and attorney fees.
- Received favorable property settlements for his clients in divorce actions.
- Represented clients before the Michigan Liquor Control Commission to obtain a redevelopment liquor license under MCL 436.1521a.
- Applied for and received Trademark to protect client’s intellectual property.